It’s that time of year again where everyone is posting and promoting the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. If you’re feeling overwhelmed with the sharing currently going on, I get it. Last year I stayed away and didn’t share my picks from the sale for the thought of overwhelming my followers with more Nordstrom content. Even though I personally didn’t post any content I still shopped the sale myself and thought, after the fact, it may be helpful to share my personal strategy on approaching the sale. In a nutshell, my strategy is to not overspend or buy something “just because it’s on sale” (because pro tip, that’s never a good reason to buy anything) .
So how do I approach the sale? I look for investment pieces that will complement my current wardrobe when it comes to everyday and fitness wear. When it comes to home and beauty, I focus on items that I normally would still purchase but that are currently at a discount so I can save some money on something I would have purchased anyway (you’ll notice this in the items I outlined below).
So with my strategy in mind I previewed the sale last Friday and pulled out some of the items that either (1) I currently own that will be on sale or (2) items that I’ll be adding to my cart once the sale opens. I’m sharing those items below but again, just because something is on sale it doesn’t mean you NEED to buy it :).
HOME & BEAUTY PICKS
- Mario Badescu The Essentials Kit – If you’ve never tried any of the Mario Badescu items these are the top three I’d recommend to start with. The spot treatment is perfect for combatting those stubborn pimples that just pop up.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Duo – I discovered this makeup setting spray when I was looking for a spray that would help keep my makeup in place during my Bridal shower (June in Maryland… aka humid and hot). It worked like a dream and I’ve stuck with it every since.
- T3 Cura Professional Digital Ionic Hair Dryer – If you all remember my old hair dryer literally “blew up” a couple months ago. I invested in this T3 as a replacement and have been in love with it every since. If you’re in the market for a hair dryer I’d highly recommend this one and better yet.. it’s on sale!
- Olaplex Jumbo Bond Maintenance System Set – When my hair is feeling like I need some extra moisture I use these three products. All recommended by my hair stylist and they leave my hair feeling like I just left her chair.
- T3 Luxe Brush Set – I personally have the paddle brush out of this set but have been eyeing up the other three brushes for some time. My plan is to snag the set and give the second paddle brush to my Mom (since she already has been trying to steal my current one).
- Tula The Cult Classic Purifying Face Cleanser Set – Do I really need to explain this one? I did a review of Tula via Instagram stories a couple weeks ago when I finally gave in and tried it (since everyone was talking Tula this Tula that). Verdict: it’s worth the hype. This is a great way to get your feet wet with some of the top Tula products.
- Living Proof Full Size Full Shampoo, Conditioner & Styling Set – I’ve had the Living Proof shampoo and conditioner on my list for some time now so I’ll be snagging it during the sale!
- St. Tropez Jumbo Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse – Whenever I need a little extra bronzing this is my go-to self tanning mousse!
- Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Throw Blanket – Excited to snag this neutral smaller version of the In The Wild blanket during the sale! See below for my first Barefoot Dreams blanket review 🙂
- Barefoot Dreams In The Wild Throw Blanket – I snagged the linen/graphite color back in March when it was on surprise sale and it’s my favorite blanket in the house! You can typically spot Zara and I cuddled up on the couch in it.
WOMEN’S FITNESS & ATHLEISURE PICKS
- Zella Body Fusion Sports Bra – Excited to try this low impact bra for some at-home workouts.
- Zella Mamasana Live In Maternity Ankle Leggings – I’ll be rounding up some maternity items I’ve invested soon but in the meantime… expectant Mamas, you’ll want a supportive high rise legging!
- Zella High Waist Studio Pocket 7/8 Leggings – Behind the Lululemon Align leggings these are my go-to leggings for working out.
- Chantelle Soft Stretch Thong – ALL TIME FAVORITE underwear; just trust me on this one and also know they are only on sale during the Anniversary sale 🙂 .
- Adidas Swift Run Sneaker – I’ve been waiting for the speckled version of this sneaker to come back in stock for some time now so will definitely be snagging them in my size.
- Converse Chuck Taylor® All Star® Lift High Top Platform Sneaker – I own these in the low top version and wear them rather often (as you may have seen on Instagram) but I also own the non-platform high top version that are super comfy and I wore trekking around Austin late last year!
- Nordstrom Moonlight Dream Sleep Shirt – I’m not sure how I’ve survived 32 years of life not wearing sleep shirts… I now own two and this will be my third. If you’re in the market for some cozy night wear, take my word on this one.
- Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Lite® Long Cardigan – This is on my maybe list as I’ve never owned any Barefoot Dreams clothing. Based on my experience with the brand from the blanket though it’s slowly making it’s way into my cart.
- Zella Studio Lite Longline Sports Bra – Love a cute set and this bra and legging set (link below) are no exception. Zella never disappoints.
- Zella Studio Lite High Waist Print 7/8 Leggings
WOMEN’S EVERYDAY WEAR PICKS
- Topshop Fred Faux Leather Biker Jacket – Every year it seems that there’s a faux leather jacket that’s included in the sale. I snagged a new one last year so won’t be purchasing another but if you’re in the market this would definitely be the right time to buy!
- Leith Rib Sleeveless Midi Dress – I’ve been loving stretchy comfy dresses lately so excited to snag this one on sale!
- Topshop Long Cardigan – I typically grab one or two basic colored cardigans during the sale because they are one of my favorite layering pieces for lounging at home or in the office. Hoping this one isn’t too long for my 5’1″ self 🙂
- Marc Fisher Oshay Pointed Toe Bootie – You all know I’m all about booties. I typically invest in one or two pairs during the sale if they are something unique from what is currently in my closet. I have a similar pair to these so won’t be snagging but if you need a basic pointed toe bootie – these are giving me all the heart eyes.
- Vince Camuto Derika Leather Boot (in suede) – A unique bootie I can picture pairing with dresses and leggings all Fall and Winter.
- Topshop Ribbed Open Front Cardigan – The second cardi that I’ll be adding to my rotation this year!
- Free People We the Free by Free People High Waist Ankle Skinny Jeans – I own these in three (yes three) different washes. If that tells you anything about these skinnies!
- Jeffrey Campbell Anteni Knit Bootie – I realized I don’t have a basic black sock bootie so will be adding these this year! I snagged a pair of Jeffrey Campbell sock booties last year during the sale but ended up returning as they were too high of a heel for everyday. These look like an upgrade of those!
- Treasure & Bond Plaid One-Button Blazer – Plaid blazers are a staple in my wardrobe. While I won’t be adding another (already have three) if you’re on the hunt I’m loving this one.
- 7 For All Mankind Alexa High Waist Crop Wide Leg Jeans – I won’t be investing in denim this year with the little babe coming, don’t need any added pressure to fit into jeans too soon after he arrives, but if you’re looking for some investment denim 7 For All Mankind makes a great quality product! If I wanted denim these would be what I’d snag.
So tell me, will you be shopping the sale? Are any of these items currently on your wish list?
And as always, I hope you enjoy the items I have handpicked to share with you all. If you choose to shop the sale I’d truly appreciate you using my affiliate links; please note I may receive a small portion of sales by you shopping through my links above!